TAC is excited to announce new Technical Achievement Awards for 2022. Starting this fall, TAC member organizations can apply for nine prestigious prizes that recognize excellence in a range of disciplines.
Six awards highlighting TAC’s focus areas
- Educational Achievement Award – for the use of education or training to improve individual skillsets and/or organizational practices
- Environmental Achievement Award – for the protection and enhancement of the natural environment through transportation projects
- Infrastructure Achievement Award – for the use of best practices to deliver safe, durable and efficient transportation infrastructure, with a focus on major road, highway and urban transportation assets
- Mobility Achievement Award – for the delivery of integrated or multimodal mobility for people and goods, while reinforcing the social, economic and environmental pillars of sustainability
- Road Safety Achievement Award – for the application and advancement of road safety engineering practices
- Technology Achievement Award – for the use of advanced technologies to address road, highway or urban transportation challenges
Three awards highlighting TAC’s integrated committees
- Active Transportation Achievement Award – for the improvement of facilities or services to encourage and benefit people who walk, bike or use other forms of active transportation
- Climate Action Achievement Award – for mitigating emissions from transportation that cause climate change, and/or improving the resiliency of transportation systems in response to climate change
- Small Municipalities Achievement Award – for the use of best practices to improve transportation system performance in rural or small urban communities, with a principal focus on road safety and traffic operations
Do you have an award-worthy initiative?
This November, TAC member organizations can submit 750-word abstracts for review by volunteers from TAC councils and committees. For each award, TAC will invite up to four finalists to submit a ten-page application in January. Those detailed applications will be evaluated using three criteria (outcomes, innovation and transferability) with nine award winners to be approved by TAC councils next spring.
Award winners will receive an engraved plaque, and will be highlighted in TAC’s awards booklet and video (see our 2021 winners). All finalists will be invited to showcase their initiatives in a series of free webinars next summer.
Interested in applying?
Submit an abstract from November 1-30. In the meantime, visit the TAC website for information on the application process, eligibility and conditions. If you have any questions, contact us.