Traffic Operations & Management Committee
This committee supports the Safety, Design & Operations Council. It is a centre of expertise within TAC and a national forum for information exchange and problem solving related to traffic control devices and practices in Canada. Its broad goals include:
- Developing and revising manuals, reports and guidelines for traffic control devices and practices
- Encouraging the implementation of recommended guidelines for traffic control devices and practices in Canadian provinces and territories
- Developing stakeholder information on the application and operation of traffic control devices
The Committee meets in person twice a year, and by teleconference as needed. Meetings are open to all employees of TAC member organizations, individual TAC members, and others at the discretion of the Chair. For more information on the Committee, see its Terms of Reference or contact Craig Stackpole.
Members and Executive
All TAC member organizations can appoint one or more members on this Committee. The current members of the Executive are:
- Chair - Daniel Beaulieu, Ville de Montréal
- Vice-Chair - Winston Chou, City of Vancouver
- Vice-Chair, Applications and Practices - Ron Stewart, IBI Group
- Vice-Chair, Development and Devices - Taso Koutroulakis, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Vice-Chair, Rules of the Road - Phil Edens, City of Ottawa
- Vice-Chair, Emerging Technologies - Greg O'Brien, WSP Canada Inc.
- Vice-Chair, Editing & Publication - Alan Aitken, PEI Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy
- Secretary - Cathy Robertson
- Past Chair - Alf Guebert, AAGuebert & Associates Inc.