This committee supports the Safety, Design & Operations Council. It is a centre of expertise within TAC and a national forum for information exchange and problem solving related to the safety of roadway and roadside infrastructure. Its broad goals include:
- Gathering and creating information on issues and initiatives related to road safety
- Identifying and prioritizing the connection between roadway factors and collision experience in the complex driver-vehicle-road relationship
- Promoting the integration of safety principles in roadway planning, design, construction, maintenance, operations and stewardship
- Developing a strategic plan every three to five years to guide the Committee’s efforts
The Committee meets in person twice a year, and by teleconference as needed. Meetings are open to all employees of TAC member organizations, individual TAC members, and others at the discretion of the Chair. For more information on the Committee, see its Terms of Reference or contact Craig Stackpole.
Members and Executive
All TAC member organizations can appoint one or more members on this Committee. The current members of the Executive are:
- Chair - Pedram Izadpanah, TES Information Technology Ltd.
- Vice-Chair - Rebecca Peterniak, City of Winnipeg
- Secretary - Thomas Smahel, Human Factors North Inc.
- Past Chair - Craig Milligan, Fireseeds North Infrastructure