Updates about people working in, or organizations serving, the transportation and road-related industries.
- In Q1 of 2021, TAC welcomed the following organizations as members:
- Town of Essex
- Gannett Fleming
- TraffMobility Engineering Inc.
- Soli Solutions Inc.
- Engineering By Houghton Inc
- Helix Engineering ltd.
- Inversa Systems
- City of Miramichi
- HERE Technologies
- Surface Tech Construction Materials Corp
- TAC also gained 26 new individual members in the “Student” and “In Job Transition” categories. As of 2021, student memberships are free for full-time students in Canada and a new individual category of membership intended for either new graduates or those temporarily unemployed due to graduation or employment change was added. Learn about changes to TAC memberships that took effect in 2021.
- Transoft Solutions and Region of Durham are working together to tackle collisions and road safety using AI and machine learning with support from Ontario’s AVIN R&D Partnership Fund. Learn more in Transoft Solutions’ media release.
- International Road Dynamics Inc. announced that the New York State Department of Transportation has awarded the company a five-year maintenance and upgrade contract valued at up to $13 million. Under this agreement, IRD will install, manage and maintain the New York State Department of Transportation permanent traffic data collection sites located in Metro New York City and Long Island. Read the news release.
- Alexandra Oldford is now a Senior Consultant at WSP Canada, having previously been employed by EllisDon as a Communications Manager.
- Thurber Engineering appoints two new Principals. J. Suzanne Powell has been named a Principal and Director for the company’s Victoria, B.C. office; and Mark Popik has been named a Principal and Director of the Toronto office.
CIMA+ announces the promotion of Will McCrae, as Vice President, Roads & Bridges, Ontario and of Patrick Lalach, to the role of Vice President, Transportation for Western Canada.
If you have news to share about a move, appointment or achievement in this periodic column, send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.