APPLY NOW TO ATTEND THE
2020 TAC CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION
At least one student grant will be offered to graduate and undergraduate (university and college) students in transportation-related disciplines to help them attend the TAC Conference & Exhibition.
More than 40 conference panels, sessions and workshops will be offered on diverse and relevant topics relating to the conference theme, The Journey to Safer Roads.
Apply by August 12 even if you are not presenting at the conference.
Recipient(s) will be selected by draw and contacted by August 15.
Grant recipients will receive:
- Four nights on-site hotel accommodation (value of ≈$1,000)
- Full conference registration (value of ≈$150)
- Round trip air transportation from a major Canadian city to the conference city (value of ≈$700)
Ideal candidates will:
- Demonstrate an ongoing interest in improving the importance of transportation to Canada’s socioeconomic well-being, as well as safe, secure, efficient, and environmentally and financially sustainable transportation services.
- Share the knowledge learned at the conference with other students.
Eligible candidates must be:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Enrolled at a post-secondary institution (university or college) in an academic program related to the planning, design, construction, operations, maintenance and program management of transportation infrastructure, including urban transit
- Enrolled in full-time studies and/or coop placements for at least two of three semesters (fall, winter and spring), starting at the time of the conference.
Selected recipient(s) will:
- Commit to telling fellow students about the conference
- Provide TAC with a brief report about their experience at the TAC Conference & Exhibition
2019: Anson Wong, Urban Planning, University of Waterloo
2018: Jeff Pascua, Civil Engineering, Lakehead University
Take a look at the promotional video created by a previous student grant winner.
Jacques A. Maltais, Sr. Events Manager, 613-736-1350 x234.