This periodic column features notices from people working in the transportation and road-related industries.
- The Honourable Claire Trevena has been appointed British Columbia Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure.
- The Honourable Steve Crocker has been appointed Newfoundland and Labrador Minister of Transportation and Works.
- At Manitoba Infrastructure, the Honourable Ron Schuler has been appointed Minister and Bram Strain has replaced Lance Vigfusson as Deputy Minister.
- Bruce Belmore has been elected International Vice-President of the Institute of Transportation Engineers.
- Effective January 1, 2018, Gord Johnston will become Stantec Consulting Ltd.’s new President and Chief Executive Officer, replacing Bob Gomes who will retire on December 31, 2017.
- Martin Jobke will assume the role of President of Associated Engineering group of companies, effective January 1, 2018. Kerry Rudd will retain the role of Chief Executive Officer after the transition.
- Gerry Forbes, President and Chief Engineer of Intus Road Safety Engineering Incorporated, has been named one of the top 150 graduates of McMaster University's Faculty of Engineering. This group has contributed to society in a meaningful way, including furthering social causes, creating cutting-edge technologies, building and leading successful businesses, and spearheading great projects.
- Guy Tremblay, Director, Pavements Laboratory, has retired from le Ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l’Électrification des transports du Québec.