This periodic column features notices from people working in the transportation and road-related industries.
- The Honourable Robert Poëti has been appointed Quebec Minister of Transport and Dominique Savoie has been named Deputy Minister.
- Craig L. Dalton has replaced Dale Wilson as Deputy Minister of Public Safety in the province of New Brunswick.
- At AECOM, Michael Burke is the new Chief Executive Officer, succeeding John Dionisio who will become Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors. Andrew Philip, P.Eng., has become Director of Transportation for Eastern Canada, while Stephen Schijns, P.Eng., has accepted the role of Manager, Roads and Highways.
- John McGill, P. Eng., PTOE has been named Vice-President of Transportation at Cole Engineering Group Ltd.
- A devoted TAC member and valued member of the Geometric Design Guide Rewrite committee, Neil Michael Myska, P.Eng., suddenly passed away in March. After graduation, Neil began employment at Dillon Engineering before working for the City of Winnipeg as Transportation Facilities Planning Engineer.
- Alfred A. Guebert, P.Eng., PTOE has joined Watt Consulting Group as Manager of the Transportation Division, and will be responsible for driving business development across the company’s operations.
- Raymond Wilcock has replaced David Penny as Executive Director of the Corrugated Steel Pipe Institute; Mr. Penny will assume the role of Director Emeritus.
- Steve Donald has joined Stantec Consulting as Railway Operations Planning and Modelling Lead, and will be based in Barrie, Ontario.
- Rajan Philips was named Senior Transportation Engineer and Manager of Delcan's regional operations in Waterloo, Ontario.