Joint Active Transportation Subcommittee
Reporting to the Chief Engineers’ Council and the Urban Transportation Council, the Joint Active Transportation Subcommittee provides a forum for focused discussion on the topic of active transportation.
The objectives of the Subcommittee are to:
- raise awareness of the importance of active transportation and related issues internally within TAC councils, committees and membership.
- identify active transportation initiatives that are being undertaken by TAC councils and committees.
- provide a coordinating role and ensure collaboration on the topic of active transportation within TAC and with other organizations.
- recommend active transportation related initiatives (e.g. projects, publications and conference sessions) that should be addressed by TAC councils and committees.
- offer perspectives on the potential effectiveness and success of the various active transportation initiatives.
The current Chair and Vice-Chair of the Subcommittee are Tom Baumgartner and Marian Mithani.
For more information on the Subcommittee and its activities, contact Geoff Noxon.