As transportation continues to evolve, addressing equity concerns and improving outcomes has become a top priority for TAC member organizations across Canada.
Online Symposium on Equity in Transportation – May 30, 2024
To recognize progress and promote information sharing, TAC is planning an online symposium with the support of INTERACT – a group of Canadian scientists, city builders, community partners, and residents who study the design of healthy cities. In 2023, INTERACT released Practices and Inspiration for Sustainable Transportation Equity: Case Studies from Canadian Cities, an important resource for transportation practitioners and organizations.
We are seeking short (5- to 10-minute) virtual presentations to be part of the symposium program, on topics like:
- Equity considerations in transportation plans, policies, budgets and programs
- Transportation equity concerns in different contexts (e.g. rural vs. urban, small vs. large cities)
- Equity lenses, practices and lessons learned in road safety, active transportation, shared micromobility, and public transit
- Transportation equity opportunities, objectives, indicators and barriers
- Perspectives and key issues for equity-deserving groups
- Case studies of transportation projects with meaningful equity elements
We especially want to hear about practical experiences in a Canadian context!
To be considered as a presenter, email your proposal (250 words or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29. Include your organization, role and a short description of your proposed topic.
Let's work together to build inclusive transportation systems for all Canadians. We look forward to your contribution!