Scholarships / Internships
In 2018 the TAC Foundation is pleased to offer students the opportunity to apply for:
scholarships of $2500 to $6000 EACH to support their post-secondary education in a transportation-related program;
AND paid summer internship positions offering on-the-job training at transportation employers across Canada.
Apply for EITHER or BOTH using a single application form! Our top applicants can also share information about their future employment interests with our donor organizations in the hopes of making a match through the Employment Connections component of our program!
|Watch a quick presentation on our scholarships and internships
- Must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Must be enrolled at a post-secondary institution (university or college) in an academic program related to, and hope to pursue a career in, the planning, design, construction, operations, maintenance and program management of road and highway infrastructure and urban transportation. This includes, but isn't limited to, civil and transportation engineering.
- May only be awarded one (1) TAC Foundation scholarship at each stage of their education (community college, university undergraduate, graduate).
- Must have achieved an overall B average or equivalent average mark in their previous academic year.
- May apply for and receive scholarships from other sources.
University undergraduate and college/CEGEP students:
- Must be enrolled in at least two semesters of full-time studies from September 2018 through August 2019, AND graduate by September 2019.
University graduate students:
- Must be admissable to or enrolled in a full-time transportation-related graduate (masters or doctorate) program in a transportation-related discipline.
- Must complete at least two semesters of full-time studies from September 2018 through August 2019.
Applications for scholarships/internships are now closed.
Deadlines & Timelines
|November 30, 2017
||Application period opens
|February 28, 2018
||Internship applications are forwarded to donors for screening. Donors manage the hiring process independent of the TAC Foundation
||Scholarships applications are reviewed and scored
||Finalists are contacted to confirm eligibility
||All applicants are contacted with results. Recipients are announced
||Recipients provide final information required and cheques are mailed
- The TAC Foundation evaluates and scores all qualifying applications. The highest ranking applicants in the college/CEGEP, undergraduate and graduate categories will be eligible for scholarships providing they meet specific donor conditions. Preference may be given to candidates with relevant work experience.
- Applicants should advise the TAC Foundation of any change of email address since submitting their application.
- All applicants agree, by submission of their application, to publication of personal data (such as name, educational institution, amount of award, focus of research and other related information) in TAC or TAC Foundation publications, including but not limited to TAC News, TAC's website, as well as announcements at TAC and Foundation events.
- For additional information or questions, contact email@example.com