Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Canada, Sixth Edition
The Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Canada (MUTCDC) is an essential tool for professionals involved in traffic management and control. It is a toolbox of road signs, traffic signals, pavement markings and other devices that communicate to pedestrians, cyclists, motor vehicle drivers and other road users about important regulations, roadway characteristics, potential hazards and temporary conditions. It guides the use of those traffic control devices to support the safe and efficient movement of people and goods, and helps Canadian road authorities apply them in a consistent and harmonized manner which is an important factor in road safety.
View the Table of Contents
- The MUTCDC is packaged in a three-ring binder.
- TAC offers a separate Sign Pattern Manual to support the accurate and consistent production of road signs in the MUTCDC. It was updated in 2022 to complement the Sixth Edition.
- A package of one print copy and one e-book copy of the MUTCDC can be purchased at a discounted rate using item code PKG-MUTCDC21-E.
- Visit the dedicated MUTCDC webpage for more information.
- TAC is looking forward to providing the French version, « Manuel canadien de la signalisation routière, 6e édition » in the coming months.
Visit the Bookstore to buy
Traffic Operations & Management
Thursday, June 17, 2021