The Transportation Association of Canada has about 500 corporate members who share a common interest in road infrastructure and/or urban transportation, including federal, provincial, and territorial departments of transportation, municipalities, private sector firms, academic institutions and associations.
Memberships are for the calendar year, however are prorated on a quarterly basis for the first three quarters and for a full year plus one quarter for the last quarter for new members. Renewing members pay a full year's fee.
Each corporate member organization names one official TAC member representative to vote at our annual meeting. All employees of the member organization have access to TAC's benefits and member services, and can volunteer to participate in TAC activities and standing committees, space permitting. TAC also offers an individual membership category open to those who are full-time students or retirees.
We encourage you and other transportation professionals at your organization to become actively involved in the Association, starting with membership!
TAC membership benefits include:
- Member rates (up to 30% lower) on purchases from the TAC Bookstore
- Member rates (up to $380 lower) at the annual TAC Conference & Exhibition
- The opportunity to volunteer on TAC technical committees is available exclusively to members
- Private sector and academic institution members receive email notification of all RFPs for TAC Pooled Fund Projects, when they are issued
- TAC's Transportation Library offers free borrowing privileges and priority service for members for thousands of on-site volumes plus access to numerous databases
- Member rates (up to 30% lower) on TAC Seminars and Webinars. Seminars are in-person, one or two day sessions based on content from new and key TAC publications. Webinars are online one to two hour sessions featuring select content from TAC publications, case studies of real-life transportation solutions, or discussions on emerging issues or current projects.
- Various TAC communications including a monthly compilation of articles published in TAC News and in the TAC Research Bulletin.
- Access to TAC’s membership directory via TAC Online
- Member rates on advertising on TAC’s website
- Free ads on TAC’s Job Postings web page
Questions on TAC membership can be directed to email@example.com or 613-736-1350.