The TAC Foundation's primary focus for educational support (scholarships) is on the planning, design, construction, operations, maintenance and program management of transportation infrastructure, including urban transit.
Scholarships are supported through annual donations to the TAC Foundation from donor organizations and individuals that support the Foundation’s mandate. A scholarship summary or detailed scholarship list is available.
In 2017, the Foundation is also supporting several paid internships (see details).
Undergraduate and graduate student application forms have been adapted so applicants can apply for a scholarship and/or internship using the same form. Applicants chosen for the internships will no longer be eligible to receive a TAC Foundation scholarship this year.
- Must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Must be enrolled at a post-secondary institution (university or college) in an academic program related to the planning, design, construction, operations, maintenance and program management of transportation infrastructure, including urban transit.
- Are limited to being awarded one TAC Foundation scholarship at each stage of their education (community college, university undergraduate, graduate). (Note: TAC Foundation entrance scholarships are not included in this restriction.)
- Must have achieved an overall B average or equivalent average mark in their previous academic year
- May apply for and receive scholarships from other sources
- Must be enrolled in full-time studies, and entering their final year of a certified community college program in fall 2017, and intend to pursue a career in the transportation field, as it relates to the Foundation's primary focus (described above)
University Undergraduate students:
- Must be enrolled in at least two semesters of full-time studies from fall 2017 through summer 2018, which will be their final year of undergraduate studies. Applicants intend to pursue a career in the transportation field, as it relates to the Foundation's primary focus (described above)
University Graduate students:
- Must be admissible to a full-time transportation-related graduate studies program or already registered as a full-time graduate student in the field in fall 2017
Applicants need only submit the one application to be considered for any of the scholarships and internships for which they are eligible.
Select the appropriate application form
Deadlines & Timelines
|November 15, 2016
||Application period opens
|February 28, 2017
||Internship applications are forwarded to donors for screening. Donors manage the hiring process independent of the TAC Foundation
||Scholarships applications are reviewed and scored
||Finalists are contacted to confirm eligibility
||Recipients are announced
||Recipients provide final information required and cheques are mailed
Promote the Scholarships
Employment Connections provides a way for the Foundation's major donors to connect with top scholarship applicants (recipients and finalists) about future employment opportunities in their organization.
Late in the application review process, top applicants (scholarship winners and finalists) will have the option to submit information, along with their resumé, about their future employment interests. Each fall after scholarships have been awarded, this information will be compiled and shared with top TAC Foundation donor organizations for their consideration as potential new talent.
- The TAC Foundation Scholarship Committee evaluates and scores all qualifying applications. The highest ranking applicants in the community college, undergraduate and graduate categories will be eligible for scholarships providing they meet specific donor conditions. Preference may be given to candidates with relevant work experience.
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome in July.
- Applicants should advise the TAC Foundation of any change of email address since submitting their application.
- All applicants agree, by submission of their application, to publication of personal data (such as name, educational institution, amount of award, focus of research and other related information) in TAC or TAC Foundation publications, including but not limited to TAC News, TAC's website, as well as announcements at TAC and Foundation events.
- For additional information or questions, contact email@example.com