Congratulations to our 2016 winners:
- Daniel Dickson, Civil Engineering, McGill University, Montréal
- Czarina Sharmaine Catambing, Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm.) - Operations Management, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Czarina Sharmaine Catambing created a special video to share her experience of the 2016 TAC Conference & Exhibition, and encourage more students and young professionals to get involved with TAC.
Recipients of the 2017 TAC Student Grant will receive:
- Four nights on-site hotel accommodation (September 24-27, 2017: value of $900)
- A full conference registration (value of $449) including a special invitation to the Early-Career Professional Networking Event to meet other students and young professionals from across Canada
- Round trip air transportation from a major Canadian city to St. John's (value of $650)
Applications open in April.
TAC recognizes the considerable benefit that students can gain from attending conferences to encourage interactions between students and other conference attendees.
At least one (1) student grant will be offered to graduate and undergraduate (university and college) students in transportation-related disciplines to attend the 2017 TAC Conference & Exhibition.
More than 40 conference panels, sessions and workshops will be offered on diverse and relevant topics including the conference theme, Investing in Transportation: Building Canada's Economy. Students can apply even if they are not presenting at the conference.
Ideal candidates will:
- Demonstrate an ongoing interest in improving the importance of transportation to Canada’s socioeconomic well-being, as well as safe, secure, efficient and environmentally and financially sustainable transportation services.
- Share the knowledge learned at the conference with other students.
Eligibility and Application Form
Eligible candidates must be:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Enrolled at a post-secondary institution (university or college) in an academic program related to the planning, design, construction, operations, maintenance and program management of transportation infrastructure, including urban transit
- Enrolled in at least two semesters of full-time studies from fall 2017 through summer 2018
- Commit to telling fellow students about the conference
- Provide TAC with a brief report about their experience at the 2017 TAC Conference & Exhibition
- Be randomly selected by draw and contacted by August 14
For information or questions, contact Jacques A. Maltais, Sr. Events Manager, 613-736-1350 x234.