The Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) Foundation has expanded its programs to include paid internships, as well as its traditional scholarship program.
Students can apply for a scholarship and/or internship all on the same form. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, February 28.
Internships are supported by donors wishing to support future transportation professionals through mentoring and training. Recipients must have a proven record of leadership at their university or community, and be committed to advancing transportation in Canada.
The following internships are offered in 2017 as a pilot program:
MORR Transportation Consulting
- Available to - Graduate students legally allowed to work in Canada
- Fields of study - Transportation Engineering with special interest in freight systems, intelligent transportation systems, active transportation, and traffic operations; or Computer Engineering with special interest in transportation application
- Description - 12-week internship in Winnipeg, Manitoba in summer 2017
- Remuneration - $9,000
EllisDon Corporation, Civil Division
- Available to - Undergraduate or graduate students legally allowed to work in Canada
- Fields of study - Transportation Engineering with special interest in civil infrastructure such as highways, railways, transit systems, bridges and other structures
- Description - 15-week internship in Mississauga, Ontario in summer 2017
- Remuneration - $11,250
- Available to - Undergraduate students in third year or having completed at least 80 credits in their Civil Engineering program and legally allowed to work in Canada
- Fields of study - Transportation Engineering
- Description - 12-week internship in Montreal, Quebec in summer 2017
- Remuneration – two (2) internships of $10,000 each
To learn more, visit www.tac-foundation.ca or contact the TAC Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.