Read updates about people working in the transportation and road-related industries.
- Read about TAC/ITE member, Geni Bahar and her passion for #transportation #safety in this featured article in the ITE Journal. Read the full article.
- Steve Erwin, Head, Intelligent Transportation Systems Section, retired from MTO on April 30, 2019.
- Dr. Sabbir Saiyed was given the Ontario Traffic Council's (OTC) 2019 Transportation Planning Professional of the Year award for his significant contribution to the transportation planning profession. Dr. Saiyed is Manager of Transportation System Planning at the Region of Peel, Chair of TAC’s Urban Transportation Council, and Past Chair of the Transportation Planning and Research Standing Committee.
- The Planning Institute of British Columbia (PIBC) announced the winners of its annual Awards for Excellence in Planning and Awards for Individual Achievement. The 2019 winners were formally presented following the PIBC 2019 Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, May 8 at the Westin Bayshore Hotel, Vancouver. Congratulations to the City of Vancouver, Urban Systems Ltd. and the City of Kelowna which received various awards at the event. Read the full article.
- On May 9, 2019 Honorable Steven Myers was appointed Minister of Transportation, Infrastructure & Energy in PEI. He is replacing Paula Biggar.
- Doug McNeil announced that he has retired as Winnipeg’s CAO after four years on the job and almost 36 years working for the province and city hall. Learn more.