Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Read updates about people working in the transportation and road-related industries.
- Bramwell Strain has been appointed City Manager, City of Lethbridge. Strain comes to Lethbridge from Winnipeg, where since 2016 he has served as a Deputy Minister in the Manitoba government.
- Scott Sinclair accepted a new role as Acting Deputy Minister of Infrastructure in the Manitoba government.
- A new Minister has been named in Saskatchewan; the Honourable Lori Carr replaces David Marit as Minister for Highways and Infrastructure.
- It is with great sadness that we learnt of John Hammer’s passing this summer. John had a successful career with the Region of Waterloo and had recently retired. John also made significant contributions towards TAC’s staple Publication, the Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads.
- Brad Anguish has been appointed new Director of Transportation and Public Works at the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM). He replaces Bruce Zvaniga who left HRM this fall.
- Bruce Zvaniga has moved back to Ontario and has been named Commissioner of Public Works and Engineering at the City of Brampton.
- The Honourable Jeff Yurek, MPP for Elgin-Middlesex-London, has been appointed Minister of Transportation, replacing the Honourable John Yakabuski.
- The Honourable Bill Oliver, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure, replaces Denis Landry as the new Minister in New Brunswick.
- Barry Day has retired from his role as Deputy Minister at Alberta Transportation. Barry brought decades of experience and has a proven record of developing leaders and championing collaboration and partnerships.
- Wanda Richardson has recently retired as Vice President of Canadian Federal Services at AECOM.
- Technical excellence and skilful innovation were honoured at the 2019 Deputy Minister’s Consulting Engineers Awards. TAC is pleased to highlight some of our members who were recipients of the Awards. (Read full Article)
- Associated Engineering received the Design and Contract Preparation – Structures Award for its work in retrofitting and seismically upgrading the Alexandra Bridge in Spuzzum.
- SNC-Lavalin Inc. was the recipient of the Design and Contract Preparation – Roads Award for its work on the six-laning project from Highway 33 to Edward Road in Kelowna.
- WSP Canada Inc. was honored with the Construction Management and Supervision Services Award for its work on the Roche Cove Bridge Replacement near Sooke.