Monday, December 11, 2017
This periodic column features notices from people working in the transportation and road-related industries.
- The Honourable Elisapee Sheutiapik has been appointed Minister for Nunavut Economic Development and Transportation. As of January 1, 2018, Udloriak Hanson will become Deputy Minister.
- Jaime Pitfield has been appointed Deputy Minister of Yukon Highways and Public Works. With Allan Nixon’s departure from the public service, Paul McConnell will return to his position as Assistant Deputy Minister.
- The Honourable David Marit will assume responsibility for SaskBuilds and Priority Saskatchewan but remains Minister of Highways and Infrastructure.
- Thao Pham has been named Federal Associate Deputy Minister of Transport, replacing Helena Borges who will retire from the Public Service in January 2018.
- Effective January 15, 2018, Stephen Chapman will assume a new role as Senior Transportation Engineer at MORR Consulting Transportation.
- Keenan Patmore is now working at Manitoba Infrastructure, as Traffic Support Engineer in the Traffic Engineering Branch.
- Line Rousseau, Director, Technical Expertise and Events, has retired from l’Association québécoise des transports (AQTr). Rafika Lassel is now Director of Technical Expertise, while Emilie Brunet is Director of Events Logistics.
- Cindy Lucas, Manager, Division Services, has retired from the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario.
- Brian Orrbine, Chief, Motor Carriers, Standards, Research and Development at Transport Canada, passed away peacefully on October 9 after a courageous battle against cancer. Brian was involved in advancing road safety in Canada and was a member of the Program Committee on Compliance and Regulatory Affairs of the Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA).