Thursday, December 11, 2014
This periodic column features notices from people working in the transportation and road-related industries.
- The Board of Directors of the Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) has named Dr. Sarah Wells as its new Executive Director, effective January 5, 2015.
- Nick Koukoulas has been appointed the new Chief Executive for Austroads. This association of Australasian road transport and traffic agencies provides expert technical input to national road and transport policy development; improves practices and capability of road agencies and promotes operational consistency.
- Oksana Exell has been appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of the Western Transportation Advisory Council (WESTAC). This non-profit association of transportation organizations provides a neutral ground and encourages a collaborative approach among competing interests.
- Walter Gray, outgoing Mayor of Kelowna, BC, has been appointed Chair of the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia’s board of directors. Gray replaces Jatinder Rai, who has been serving as interim chair since January 2014.
- Chris Skowronski is the new Vice-President of Infrastructure for Associated Engineering, where he previously served as Division Manager for the central Alberta region.
- Ross Homeniuk has been named Director of KPMG’s Global Infrastructure Advisory.
- Carlos Zuniga has joined Hatch Mott MacDonald as a principal project manager in Burlington, Ontario.