Updates about people working in, or organizations serving, the transportation and road-related industries.
- IBI Group Inc. announced in early December that it acquired Ontario-based Cole Engineering Group Ltd. As one of the largest independent civil engineering firms in Ontario, offering consulting and advisory services in the water, transportation, urban development and environmental sectors, Cole provides a complimentary fit for IBI.
- Transoft Solutions, City of Bellevue and Together for Safer Roads have collaborated on a first-of-its kind, citywide analysis of traffic camera video with the goal of improving safety for all road users. The results of this project, as well as an executive summary, have been published in three technical reports.
- Vice-president of strategic development for SNC-Lavalin Inc., Jean-Francois Gysel, has been honoured by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec with their Honoris Genius Award in the social engagement category.
- Kenneth Owen Anderson passed away peacefully on December 27, 2020 at the age of 90 after a battle with cancer. He was a leading Canadian educator, researcher, and a practitioner of pavement engineering, design, materials, and construction.
- Previously serving as Minister of Education, Rob Fleming was sworn in as the new BC Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure in November.
- Fred Bradshaw became Minister of Highways for the Government of Saskatchewan in early January 2021.
If you have news to share about a move, appointment or achievement in this periodic column, send your information to email@example.com.