Thursday, August 13, 2020
Updates about people working in, or organizations serving, the transportation and road-related industries.
- Susan Tighe has been appointed as McMaster University’s Provost and Vice-President, Academic after serving more than twenty years as a faculty member at the University of Waterloo.
- Helena Mendez, a member of the Technology Council at TAC, has been promoted to Vice President at EllisDon.
- Stantec’s executive vice-president and regional operating unit leader for Canada, Russ Wlad, received the Meritorious Service Award for Community Service.
- L’Association québécoise des transports (AQTr) has named Suzanne Proulx as Executive Director. With 25 years of experience as an executive director in various organizations, associations and joint committees, she has also made her mark as an MLA and political attaché.
- Previously working for the City of Ottawa, Kornel Mucsi has started a new position as Manager, Transportation Planning at the Region of Waterloo.
- C.F. Crozier & Associates Inc. has announced the appointment of Nick Mocan as president.
- Transoft Solutions Inc., the City of Bellevue, Washington and the Together for Safer Roads coalition have partnered on a first-of-its kind, citywide analysis of traffic camera video with the goal of improving safety for all road users. The results of this project have been published in three technical reports, plus an executive summary, that are now available to the public.