Salary and benefits
R.J. Burnside and Associates Limited
R.J. Burnside is seeking a Transportation Design Engineer with 6 – 12 years of experience to join our expanding transportation team. This position will work out of our Newmarket or Mississauga office.
As a member of our Transportation Group, you will work on a variety of road design projects from feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed designs through construction for both public and private sector clients. Support will also be provided to our Environmental Group on Environmental Assessments.
The team focuses largely on road design across an extensive geography area. Projects are variable and range from small road improvements to large scale regional road improvements. The team assists clients on projects from concept to completion.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop in a career in transportation by joining a dynamic team that takes on challenging projects and provides excellent rewards and benefits in return.
REPORTING TO A SENIOR TRANSPORTATION LEADER, THIS POSITION WILL INVOLVE (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO) CARRYING OUT THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- Design and produce preliminary and detailed design drawings and 3D models for all classes of roads using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation Inroads;
- Experience with engineering analysis, design and coordination of road related horizontal municipal servicing including storm and sanitary sewer calculations and design as well as water modeling analysis and watermain design considered an asset;
- Undertake hydrology and hydraulic calculations and storm water related design;
- Complete earthworks calculations and related design;
- Develop design criteria and identify exceptions;
- Prepare construction cost estimates;
- Prepare construction tender packages including tender forms, contract documents and drawings;
- Preparation of required permit applications;
- Prepare necessary design related reports including calculations;
- Undertake site visits and construction field reviews;
- Work closely with the Road Project Managers; assist with project / team coordination, QA/QC and other project management related tasks as required;
- Provide staff guidance and training as appropriate; and
- Other duties as required.
THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED:
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.), in good standing with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- 6 to 12 years of experience in roadway design
- Knowledge of Ministry of Transportation of Ontario and municipal design practices and permitting requirements
- Experience with Municipal Class Environmental Assessments
- Proficiency in design software including AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation Inroads
- Experience working as part of a project team in a collaborative consulting environment and within a multi-office environment
- Excellent interpersonal / team player, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Please visit our website to apply: https://www.rjburnside.com/careers/transportation-design-engineer/
Deadline for applications