Salary and benefits
This position is with Salary Grade 8 and will be paid at the following hourly rates:
- Start: $43.38 - Six Month: $45.79 - Job: $48.20
The Regional Municipality of Durham
This position is temporary and is expected to last up to 18 months.
Under the direction of the Project Managers, the successful candidate will guide, direct and co-ordinate the planning and design of Regional road, bridge and storm drainage projects conducted by external consultants.
The incumbent will:
- - Establish, co-ordinate and ensure compliance with project schedules
- - Provide technical and procedural guidance, direction and review to external agencies and consultants on road design related matters
- - Assist in the preparation of tender document packages
- - Review and submit necessary applications and help to secure approvals from Municipal, Provincial, Federal and other agencies
- - Participate in public information workshops to inform and involve the community in the project planning, design and construction process
- - Review and recommend potential rehabilitation and asset management strategies for the Regional Road, bridge and storm drainage systems
- - Assist in problem solving during construction of Regional road, bridge and storm drainage projects
- - Evaluate and recommend modifications to Regional and Provincial standards and software pertaining to the design and construction of the Regional road, bridge and storm drainage systems
- - Provide verbal and written responses to the general public, other departmental divisions and external agencies
- A three-year post-secondary diploma in a Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Registration in or be eligible for registration as an Engineering Technologist with O.A.C.E.T.T.
- Considerable experience related to the design of municipal road works
- Working knowledge of geo-technical practices, utility coordination, construction tendering procedure, and traffic engineering
- Familiarity with construction methods, OPS standards, Regional standards, and other guidelines and legislation related to planning and design of municipal road projects
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel), AutoCAD, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time and project management, effective public relations and organizational skills
- The ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with roundabout design, Class Environmental Assessments, and Civil 3D would be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online www.durham.ca to Job ID 10716 no later than midnight on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Consultant will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region's Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/regionofdurham
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/regionofdurham
Deadline for applications