WSP is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our Transportation Engineering department, located in our downtown Vancouver office. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Engineering, this position will be responsible for design, design management and project management of complex transportation projects. These projects can vary in size and complexity from minor rural highways to complex Urban Interchanges, transit exchange facilities, intermodal corridors, Bus/LRT Rapid transit corridors, complex rural interchanges etc. The successful candidate will participate in the delivery of multi-disciplinary Transportation Design projects from urban roadways to rural highways to freeway type facilities.
Responsibilities will include design and design guidance to other team members as well as a wide range of project requirements including but not limited to:
- Direct and coordinate a team of design engineers in preparing cost effective, accurate and timely transportation engineering designs drawings and specifications to meet client’s approvals;
- Collaborate with peers to manage staff workload;
- Update, implement, maintain and monitor internal QA/QC process;
- Liaison with all discipline members, sub-consultants, clients, and agencies;
- Participate in Public consultation sessions as required by the project requirements;
- Project Manage major infrastructure projects to ensure that major parameters are achieved (safety, budgets, schedule and quality control);
- Provide guidelines, to junior and intermediate staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Civil Engineering Degree or Technology Diploma from an accredited university or college with over 12 years’ experience in a design role;
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. or Eng.L. with EGBC;
- Experience managing projects with a minimum capital value of $10 million;
- Proven Experience in managing and tracking project scope, schedule and budget Experience with all aspects of urban roadway design;
- Proficiency in Auto Cad Civil 3D and other design software, particularly in the application of roadway and highway geometric design;
- Proficient at preparing tender documents and writing technical provisions;
- Ability to work independently within a busy and high-performing team. Ability to communicate with a wide range of sub-consultants;
- General understanding of other road design requirements (e.g. drainage / hydraulic design, environmental design / mitigation measures, engineering surveys, geotechnical investigations and design);
- Alternative delivery experience is an asset (DB, DBFM, DBFO etc.);
- Proven experience in training/supervision and mentoring junior technical staff.
How to Apply
Please apply to:
Deadline for applications