Salary and benefits
This position is with Salary Grade 9 and will be paid at the following hourly rates:
- Start: $47.85 - Six Month: $50.51 - Job: $53.17
Eligible for Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D, LTD benefits, sick leave, and OMERS pension.
The Regional Municipality of Durham
Under the direction of the Project Manager, duties include acting as group leader and providing project management by
guiding, directing and coordinating Regional road and transit related projects and engineering submissions performed by staff and external consultants. The incumbent will:
- Provide technical and procedural guidance on planning, designing, and scheduling of Regional road, transit, bridge and
storm drainage projects
- Conduct critical and constructive technical reviews of municipal road/transit designs and engineering submissions
- Review and recommend potential rehabilitation and asset management strategies for the Regional road, transit, bridge and storm drainage systems
- Establish, co-ordinate and ensure compliant with projects schedules
- Review and submit applications and help secure approvals from Municipal, Provincial, Federal and other agencies
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and tender document packages
- Evaluate and recommend modifications to Regional and Provincial standards and software for municipal road design
- Attend and participate in meetings, information sessions and workshops with internal staff, external agencies, consultants and the public
- Respond to and coordinate comments with the public, internal staff, external agencies and consultants
- A three-year post-secondary diploma in a Civil Engineering Technology or a related discipline
- Registration with or be eligible for registration as an Engineering Technologist with O.A.C.E.T.T.
- Extensive experience related to the design of municipal roadworks
- Working knowledge of geo-technical practices, utility coordination, Class Environmental Assessments, construction
tendering and traffic engineering
- Understanding of construction methods, OPS Standards, Regional standards and other policies, guidelines and
legislation related to planning and design of municipal road projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, Access, Project, Outlook) and AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal and written communication, public relations, negotiation, project management and organizational skills
- The ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- A valid Ontario Class 'G' Driver's Licence with access to a reliable vehicle
How to Apply
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants;
however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online https://bit.ly/3gWv6XR no later than midnight (Eastern Standard Time) December 8, 2021.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Recruiter will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region's Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/regionofdurham
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/regionofdurham
Proof of education, qualifications and any other job bona fide requirements will be required prior to start date.
In addition, all Region of Durham employees are required to be fully vaccinated, as defined in the Region's COVID-19
Vaccination Policy, as a condition of hire in accordance with the Region's Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
Deadline for applications