Salary and benefits
- Close working relationship with principals of the firm;
- Ability to grow and develop with a small local firm;
- Career and personal development opportunities; and
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
DesignPoint Engineering & Surveying Ltd.
DesignPoint is a professional services firm specializing in land development and municipal infrastructure. We provide services to both public service clients and private sector clients. Our office is located in Bedford, NS.
We are currently looking for a Senior Traffic/Transportation Engineer to join our team. As the Senior Transportation Engineer, your focus will include multi-modal traffic analysis for proposed land development projects and providing expertise to support the design of both public and private infrastructure.
We are a dynamic and growing company with opportunity to pursue a wide scope of services within the transportation and traffic industry. There is flexibility in this position to consider applicants interested in either a full or part time role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting multimodal traffic analysis for proposed land development projects;
- Preparing traffic impact statements and reports;
- Mentoring and managing technical and junior professional staff participating on projects;
- Providing design guidance for functional and detailed design of transportation infrastructure (including active transportation systems);
- Preparing final design drawings for retrofit and newly proposed intersections, road configurations, signage and pavement marking plans;
- Preparing traffic signal designs;
- Analysis and design of roundabouts;
- Maintain a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, codes, regulations and an awareness of new issues, methods, equipment, trends and advances in the profession;
- Completing warrants for traffic signal control, auxiliary turn lanes, etc.; and
- Conducting road safety audits for existing infrastructure.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in traffic/transportation engineering with an emphasis on consulting engineering;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Nova Scotia (or eligible for registration as a P. Eng in Nova Scotia);
- Knowledge of standard industry traffic software, including Synchro/SimTraffic. Experience with PTV Software (Vissim, Vistro, Vissum), Sidra and other modelling software will be considered an asset;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of local practices and standards.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Alicia at email@example.com
Deadline for applications