WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Transportation Group, located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Engineering, this position will be responsible for design, design management and project management of complex transportation projects. These projects can vary in size and complexity from minor rural highways to complex Urban Interchanges, transit exchange facilities, intermodal corridors, Bus/LRT Rapid transit corridors, complex rural interchanges etc. The successful candidate will participate in the delivery of multi-disciplinary Transportation Design projects from urban roadways to rural highways to freeway type facilities.
- Act as Owner’s Project Manager, Owner’s Engineer, Design Manager/Coordinating Professional Engineer, or Independent Certifier, as appropriate to the project delivery method (Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, P3, Design-Bid-Build, etc.);
- Assemble and manage multi-disciplined project teams, including a number of specialty sub-consultants;
- Prepare Project Management Plans including Work Plans, Risk Management Plans, Safety Plans, Quality Plans, and Communications Plans;
- Working with WSP’s Project Controls staff, monitor the progress of projects with respect to scope, schedule, budget, quality, etc. and implement Change Notices with clients and Change Orders with sub-consultants as appropriate;
- Prepare Monthly Status Reports for clients, project funding partners, and/or executive oversight committees, as appropriate to the project;
- To assist clients with obtaining funding for detailed design and construction of projects, prepare Project Definition Reports that outline the business case, scope, schedule, budget, risks, permit & approval process, and implementation plan for the project;
- Write proposals and statement of qualification documents that clearly communicate WSP’s leadership in the transportation infrastructure sector;
- Negotiate and manage contracts with clients and sub-consultants;
- Administer construction contracts on behalf of Owners and coordinate engineering field reviews for compliance with the design;
- Manage the permitting and approval process;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 20 years of experience in design and construction management of major projects, preferably in the transportation infrastructure sector;
- Experience with alternative methods of project delivery such as Design-Build, Construction Management, and Private-Public-Partnerships;
- Registered or eligible for registration in EGBC;
- Project Management Professional certification will be preferred;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- A demonstrated ability to manage, direct, and motivate multi-disciplined teams to deliver fast paced complex assignments;
- Familiarity with formalized schedule, cost, and document control processes;
- Understanding of business development and demonstrated proposal writing skills; and
- A proven track record of completing projects on time and on budget with a high degree of client satisfaction.
How to Apply
Please apply to:
Deadline for applications