WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Transportation Engineering department located at our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Engineering, this position will manage a team of engineers, technologists, and technicians to carry out transportation design projects for public and private sector clients. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, developing our team, pursuing new opportunities and strengthening our market share across the province of Alberta and beyond.
- Prepare designs and contract specifications for a wide variety of transportation projects
- Manage projects, including schedule, scope, deliverables and financial performance, approve expenditures and coordinate consulting services agreements;
- Manage staff productivity and utilization;
- Mentor staff and project teams;
- Create new and manage existing client relationships;
- Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm, quality and client focus;
- Lead and direct business development activities including preparation of proposals and statement of qualifications; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Undergraduate degree / diploma in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- Hold a P.Eng. or P.Tech. in Alberta
- Completed Alberta design projects/contracts as the Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with all aspects of urban and rural highway and freeway design (i.e. alignments, geometrics, pavements, staging, utilities, roadside safety, documents, constructability, etc.);
- Experience in a range of contract delivery models is an asset (i.e. Design-Bid-Build, Design/Build, P3’s, Early Contractor Involvement);
- Understanding of traffic engineering principles;
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technologists / technicians;
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines;
- Implement corporate QA/QC as well as Environmental Health and Safety practices/requirements, while meeting client expectation/requirements;
- Familiarity with provincial regulatory environment and experience with approval process;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Ability and skill to manage competing priorities, risks, and schedules
- High ethical standards in parallel with the WSP’s corporate policy, Vision, Mission and Values
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Please apply via the following link:
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Deadline for applications