McElhanney Consulting Services
- Serve as the client contact, project managing highway design projects across BC
- Direct a team of designers in preparing cost effective, accurate and timely transportation engineering designs and drawings that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards
- Develop concept designs and advance them to the detailed design stage, also overseeing cost estimates
- Prepare tender document special provisions and specifications
- Collaborate with peers to manage staff workload
- Project manage major highway design projects to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved
- Build business relationships and prepare proposals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (ideally specializing in transportation), or a diploma in civil engineering technology.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on transportation planning and traffic engineering, including transportation master plans, traffic impact assessments, road safety studies, traffic management plans, and highway studies.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint), as well as current traffic software packages (e.g. Synchro/SimTraffic).
- Registration, or eligibility for registration, as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), or with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians (ASTTBC), in British Columbia.
- Excellent abilities in written and oral communications, leadership, and project management.
- Ability to thrive in a high-performance team environment.
How to Apply
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications