Salary and benefits
Management & Exempt Salary Grade 7
- Salary: $93,624 to $117,030 per annum
Conditions of Employment
Proof of education, qualifications and any other job bona fide requirements will be required prior to start date.
The Regional Municipality of Durham
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Design, the successful applicant will be responsible for planning budgeting and completing the engineering design of various Regional road, bridge and storm drainage projects.
The incumbent will:
- Manage and oversee the planning and design of road related projects and improvements carried out by staff or consultants from inception to completion
- Represent the Region on transportation planning and design projects initiated by the province, area municipalities and other organizations that may affect the Region's transportation system
- Supervise, develop and coach assigned staff
- Identify and monitor funding requirements and financial feasibility of projects
- Present information and answer questions at public and stakeholder meetings
- Respond to inquiries and resolve concerns from the public and stakeholders
- Prepare committee/council reports and recommendations
- Participate on internal and external teams and/or committees in the development of transportation engineering design and construction practices
The successful applicant will possess:
- A Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Licence as a Professional Engineer with the Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Extensive related project management and engineering experience in the areas of functional planning and detailed design for municipal roads
- Knowledge of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, and familiarity with various other municipal, provincial and federal acts, policies and guidelines as they pertain to road related projects
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office programs
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver's Licence and use of a reliable vehicle
How to Apply
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Consultant will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region's Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/regionofdurham Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/regionofdurham
Deadline for applications