Thinking about moving to the mountains and wondering if you can have a professional career, and live in a beautiful place? The answer is yes.
WSP is currently seeking a full time Project Manager - Transportation to join our team in the Jasper, Alberta office. This is your opportunity to join a premier consulting firm in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Jasper, Alberta voted Best Ski Town in North America (2018), provides world class outdoor adventure opportunities right from your doorstep.
Working alongside the Senior Project Manager, this is a client facing position and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing, organizing, and controlling project activities, including the project management related to the field reviews of construction of various projects. You will work together with clients and contractors on constructability reviews, quality assurance and resolving construction issues. This is an exciting opportunity with career growth potential targeted to learn the skills necessary towards management and leadership within the Transportation Group.
- Manage transportation projects, including contract administration and contract supervision
- Support and empower staff and direct reports to execute projects on time and on budget
- Assist with supporting business improvement and growth initiatives, providing effective leadership and change management to engage staff.
- Drive productivity, motivation, and performance. Ensure compliance with established quality and production procedures. Provide leadership to sustain a culture of continual improvement and client satisfaction.
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory and utility agencies, and contractors.
- Maintain regular communication with clients regarding project status, site issues, and project quality and resolve issues as required.
- Maintain relationships with public and private sector clients, key specialist sub-consultants as well as other stakeholders such as design teams and support services.
- Assist in preparing project proposals, budgets, cash flow projections, schedules, meeting minutes and monthly reports
- Participate in project meetings with the client, design team, and contractor as required
- Assist and support business development initiatives including RFP’s and RFQ’s.
- Reading/understanding and preparation of construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to look at alternative techniques to achieve outcomes
- Lead staff development which includes: mentoring, training, coaching and professional development. Maximize the utilization of resources in a timely manner and provide the highest quality product
- Reviewing all operations labour cost reports and forecasts; looking for early warning signs of trouble; developing plans and implementing action to improve project outcomes
- Prepares engineering and construction cost estimates
- Monthly review with project managers of all operations projects, project cost analysis and forecasted costs.
- Assist with the allocation of team members to maintain utilization targets
- Willingness to travel to various sites across the region
- Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering, or a combination of related education and experience,
- Must have minimum of 8 – 10 years of progressive, Canadian transportation related experience,
- Significant and demonstrable experience in paving, grading and drainage projects
- A fundamental understanding of materials testing; including asphalt, soils and aggregate
- A fundamental understanding of construction survey
- PMP certification and experience in the consulting industry is considered an asset, but not mandatory
- Familiarity with Alberta and BC construction standards an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Well developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in rural centers and with multi disciplinary teams considered an asset
- Must be comfortable with overall project accountability, change management, schedule and scope management.
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of construction: technology, equipment, materials, claims management and safety
- Organizational skills to prioritize and manage a diverse workload
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be detailed orientated.
- Valid drivers license and willing to travel.
- The ability and willingness to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends,
- The ability and willingness to work away from the Jasper office as required.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the following link:
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Deadline for applications