Salary and benefits
Hours of Work: This position works a 35-hour work week.
Compensation: Exempt Pay Band F ($101,175 - $155,916)
Calgary Parking Authority
We are looking for a Manager to oversee and manage the Parking Safety and Compliance (PSC) department (formerly known as the Enforcement Department). Supporting CPA’s commitment to the community, the PSC Manager will oversee the administration of services to uphold parking compliance. Responsible for managing CPA’s large, diverse team of Parking Bylaw Officers and technical positions, the PSC Manager will be an integral part of the strategic leadership team and driving CPA’s corporate vision, goals, and values.
- Administer and efficiently deliver the core CPA businesses of parking enforcement and education for both vehicle and foot patrol operations;
- Ensure documented compliance with relevant municipal bylaws (Traffic Bylaw, Parking Bylaw), provincial legislation (Peace Officer Act, Traffic Safety Act, Provincial Offences Procedures Act, Personal Property Security Act) and provincial regulation (Vehicle Seizure and Removal Regulation);
- Engage legal stakeholders to monitor and resolve issues that impact operations through court decisions and changes in legislation;
- Implement cost saving measures in all aspects of the operation by improving processes, and implementing new and innovative technology;
- Optimize operational revenue, minimize expenditures, and manage within the approved Parking Safety and Compliance departmental operating budget;
- Foster a departmental culture of parking ambassadors with a focus on excellence in customer service;
- Promote a positive and collaborative working relationship with colleagues in other CPA departments, The City of Calgary, and external stakeholders (Calgary Police Service, RCMP, Service Alberta, Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, private industry); and,
- Support multi-departmental initiatives and projects that enhance CPA’s ability to provide value to our customers and the general public.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Management, or Engineering is required alongside a minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience. A suitable mix of education and leadership experience may be considered.
In addition to this, you must be:
- Able to thrive while managing a challenging workload and working in a collaborative team environment;
- Committed to fair, honest, and respectful dealings with elected officials, municipal government employees, management, colleagues, and members of the public; and have
- Highly developed contract management, project management, budgeting and business planning, verbal and written communication, and analytical skills;
- Experience working in the parking industry and a thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant statutes, regulations and bylaws, as well as operational knowledge and experience managing in a unionized environment would all be considered as assets.
To be successful in this position, you must possess strong leadership skills and abilities, and be an innovative and collaborative problem solver. You must also have strong communication, time management, organization, change management and conflict resolution skills alongside an aspiration to deliver high quality work. A positive, safety- and team-oriented attitude, and a willingness to learn are all essential to this position.
How to Apply
Please apply online at StartDate with a cover letter and resume by October 23, 2019.
The Calgary Parking Authority is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all who are qualified. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants are advised that this position requires completion of a Police Information Check to determine eligibility for employment. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Deadline for applications