WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Director, Alternative Delivery to join our Transportation team. This role can be located within Western Canada in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary or Winnipeg. Reporting to the Vice President, Western Canada, this role ensures the coordination of efforts across offices and other business lines, developing plans, programs, and organizational objectives to enhance margins, workforce utilization, and cash generation, enabling the growth of the business and ensuring client satisfaction. All activities are undertaken in support of the WSP Canada strategic plan.
Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (Civil Engineering preferred) from an accredited university;
- Registered Professional Engineer in Canada;
- Minimum 15 years of related experience;
- Advanced leadership and communication abilities, notably capable of inspiring, engaging, and influencing a high caliber team to drive a business to higher performance levels and seize the opportunities presented internally and in the market, to the benefit of a wide body of stakeholders (including, but not limited to: clients, employees, shareholders, partners, suppliers, and society at large)
- Strong engineering professional services business acumen, likely demonstrated through prior successful experience in a large scope engineering management role
- Liaison with clients and the project team to build on WSP’s brand and reputation as being a leader within the industry
- Experience with major transportation infrastructure including highways, bridges, transit (LRT, BRT and subway), airports, etc.;
- Experience with DB and P3 projects and / or other alternative project delivery models;
- Strong understanding of the commercial relationships of DB, P3 and/or Alternative Delivery assignment model;
- Experience with Risk Registers in Alternative Delivery context;
- Strategic, conceptual analytical thinking and critical thinking skills;
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and executive presentations) with the internal and external clients and stakeholders, and build well-developed teams and positive relationships;
- Strong negotiation, communication and customer relationship skills are essential;
- Availability to travel to work with the team and/or projects within the West or Canada.
How to Apply
Please apply via the following link:
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Deadline for applications