Urban Systems Ltd.
As a Civil Technologist, you will be responsible for assisting the team in translating high level conceptual designs from preliminary, through to detailed design, contractor procurement and construction. The entire spectrum of work is something that our team members navigate and explore every day. Specifically, you can expect to be involved in:
- Developing civil engineering skills and an understanding of best practices in a practical, real world setting
- Carrying out design tasks using Civil 3D and/or Infraworks assignments;
- Carrying out construction inspections, survey, and field services;
- Supporting project teams with civil drawings, quantity calculations, project coordination and assisting with design changes during construction;
- Complete project documentation and file information;
- Ensuring quality control and verifying accuracy of design;
- Proactively and professionally communicating with project leaders, liaising with clients, contractors, consultants, co-workers and the general public;
- Demonstrating a commitment to learning through ongoing achievements of personal and professional goals;
- Performing a variety of defined assignments with independent judgment; and
- Advising team on technical challenges and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in Civil 3D (required);
- Proficiency in or willingness to learn Infraworks (required);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office software;
- A keen eye for detail and take great pride in your work, both the large and the small projects;
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks and meet deadlines;
- Understanding of construction processes considered an asset;
- Excellent design skills to aid in completing clear drawing sets, and presentation figures;
- Effective communication and writing abilities;
- Graduate from a civil technology diploma program or equivalent;
- Certification or eligible for certification with ASTTBC; and
- Adherence to our safety requirements and reporting.
How to Apply
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities. If this posting describes you, please check out our website (https://grnh.se/c82000803us) for more information and submit your resume and cover letter.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 9:00 am PST.
Deadline for applications