WSP is seeking a Telecommunications CADD Designer, to join our Rail Systems team in Edmonton or Calgary, AB. Reporting to the Manager of Rail Systems Engineering – West, this position will be responsible to work collaboratively with a team of Engineers and Specialists to produce telecommunications design drawing packages for various rail systems projects. As a member of the Rail Systems Engineering team, you will be given opportunities to use your education and experience to define processes, create execution plans, and document design and installation for multiple projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines. You will gain knowledge through mentorship and skills development as you fast-track your professional development to become a strong CADD Specialist.
- Provide CADD design in support of communications infrastructure for rail transit and other railway projects;
- Ensure all design elements are compliant with relevant government standards, industry standards and Rail Operation Rules.
- Telecommunications systems will include Fibre Optic and Copper cabling backbones and distribution, CCTV, PA, Passenger Information Displays, Telephone, Radio, DCS, Fare Collection, Traction Power control and monitoring, Fire Alarms, Intrusion Detection and Access Control, SCADA, BMS, WIFi, server rooms, communications rooms, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), network architecture, data communications for information systems, safety-critical communications systems (Signalling for example), and related architectural, electrical and mechanical layouts;
- Produce drawings using AutoCAD, technical specifications, procurement documents, design and installation packages, technical reports, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes in rail communications systems;
- Function as a technical resource in documenting communications system designs and solutions;
- Create communications system schematics;
- Utilize and maintain technical databases and file structures within project files;
- Assist with communications system technical reviews, designs review submissions and response to RFIs;
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Technologist diploma or higher in a related engineering discipline from an accredited institute that is recognized by the Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) or an equivalent association in another province;
- Registered Technologist with CET designation.
- Registered as a member of ASET or equivalent association of another province.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Consulting Engineering or Railway environment.
- Proven knowledge in system engineering and communications;
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, and / or equivalent CADD software to create drawings with layers, Xrefs and labels;
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio;
- Critical attention to specification details and project deadlines;
- Ability to adapt well to changes in direction or priorities in a project;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a project-oriented environment;
- Ability to work successfully in multi-disciplinary teams and across different business units in a matrix organization;
- Flexible and able to prioritize workload in conjunction with project delivery teams;
- Strong communication skills, professional ethics and ability to take the initiative and display a commitment to contribute to the team.
How to Apply
Please apply to:
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Deadline for applications