WSP is seeking a Signals CADD Designer to join our Rail Systems team in Edmonton. Reporting to the Manager of Rail Systems Engineering - West, the Signals Designer will work collaboratively with a team of Engineers and Specialists to build detailed design, simulation and drawing packages for various light rail and freight rail signaling projects. As a member of the Rail Systems Engineering team, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on large, complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines. You will gain knowledge through mentorship and skills development as you fast-track your professional development to become a strong CADD Specialist.
- Produce detailed calculations, drawings using AutoCAD or MicroStation, technical specifications, procurement documents, design and installation packages, technical reports, detailed analyses, design justifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes in rail signalling;
- Interface with subconsultants and third party technical staff through clients in a consulting environment. Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary internal, and external stakeholders, including technical services such as print shop and IT, to ensure all CADD standards and schedule expectations are clearly defined and understood;
- Plan and create signalling schemes compliant to industry standards and codes using knowledge of signalling principles, circuits, and components;
- Ensure all signalling design elements conform to all applicable industry codes and standards and client specifications;
- Ensure all design elements are compliant with the relevant Rail Operation Rules;
- Utilize and maintain technical databases and file structures within project files.
- Work with tight schedules, be flexible, and contribute in a high performing design team.
- Proposal and Project assignments may include Commuter, Subway, Light Rail, Heavy Rail, Transit Storage and Maintenance Facilitates, Transit Tunnels.
- Electrical Technologist diploma or higher from an accredited institute that is recognized by the provincial governing body of science and engineering technology professionals;
- Registered Technologist with CET designation.
- Registered as a member of ASET or equivalent association of another province.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Consulting Engineering or Railway environment;
- Experience with designing with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Experience in signalling design, circuit design, electromechanical relay logic design, and grade crossing warning systems design;
- High proficiency in AutoCAD and, MicroStation to create drawings with layers, Xrefs and labels;
- High proficiency in scripting in AutoCAD
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio;
- Critical attention to specification details and project deadlines;
- Understanding of Systems and Safety Engineering Concepts, including Design, Verification & Validation, and System Integration is favourable;
- Understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Ability to adapt well to changes in direction or priorities in a project;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a project-oriented environment;
- Ability to work successfully in multi-disciplinary teams and across different business units in a matrix organization;
- Flexible and able to prioritize workload in conjunction with project delivery teams;
- Strong communication skills, professional ethics and ability to take the initiative and display a commitment to contribute to the team.
How to Apply
Please apply to:
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Deadline for applications