Associate Dean, Skilled Trades and Apprenticeships
- Provides senior leadership to the Academic Chairs, faculty and staff.
- Recruit, hire, evaluate, mentor, train and performance manage to termination all direct and indirect reports.
- Sets strategic objectives and direction for the Schools to ensure the achievement of short, medium and long term goals in alignment with institutional strategic, and internal operational documents.
- Accountable for program quality, renewal, growth and right sizing by collaborating with the Academic Chairs and various stakeholders, to make evidence based decisions to ensure a positive, memorable educational experience for students, fiscal responsibility and to meet the demands of industry.
- Develops internal and external relationships, to promote collaboration and transparency to sustain a good understanding of new and emerging trends.
- Culpable for program advisory committees are properly structured, provide quality evidence based guidance to the Schools’ programs and enhance the programs positon.
- Ensures self and staff adhere to all SAIT policy and procedures.
- Provides consistency of application for all SAIT policy and procedures, collective agreements and work practices by collaboration with Deans and Associate Deans on a regular basis.
- Accountable for operational excellence ensuring academic budgets, resources and processes are optimized and are accurately reported.
- Addresses student issues escalated beyond the Academic Chair.
- Champions a student first culture by being present and visible to students, faculty and staff, including regular visits to satellite facilities.
- Liaises with educational institutions and other external organizations in the development, implementation and on-going relationships surrounding articulation agreements and partnerships.
- Accountable to ensure the School’s health and safety protocol is up to or exceeds Certificate of Recognition, provincial and federal standards. Further accountability is to ensure all staff are committed to health and safety by promoting a robust health and safety culture.
- Keep the Dean informed on operational issues, escalating any matters requiring the Dean’s attention in a timely manner.
- Represents the Schools on cross-institutional projects, teams and committees.
- Ensures programs remain in good standing and maintain accreditation with the appropriate accreditation body.
- Acts on behalf of the Dean in the Dean's absence.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree within a related field.
- Professional designation (MBA, M.Ed) and or Journeyperson certificate with Red Seal endorsement would be an advantage.
- Apprenticeship experience required. Experience as a member of a Local Apprenticeship Committee, Provincial Apprenticeship Committee, Apprenticeship Board, Alberta Skills or Apprenticeship Industry and Training considered an asset.
- Minimum of 7 years of leadership experience. Experience in a post-secondary institution considered an asset.
- Relevant business and industry experience.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective and engaging relationships with students, faculty, managers, support staff, government, senior executives and industry representatives.
- The Associate Dean is expected to be an expert in leadership as evidenced by qualifications and depth of experience.
How to Apply
Deadline for applications