Call for 2021 Conference Submissions
Abstract submission is now closed. Authors will be notified in mid-March on the status of their abstract.
The Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) is soliciting submissions for the 2021 TAC Conference & Exhibition. TAC’s annual conference provides learning and professional growth opportunities for transportation professionals of all levels of governments, private sector companies, academic institutions, and other associations.
Each year, the conference technical program includes sessions on topics related to road and highway infrastructure and urban transportation. Over 300 presenters participate in the technical program to:
- share or gather information on best practices, lessons learned and experiences
- share details of the work they are doing – both successes and challenges – and to receive feedback on it from others
- increase visibility for, or awareness of, a new approach
- network and meet others with similar or complementary interests
- discuss emerging issues and topics
- share interesting research or methods of analysis
- position themselves as leaders or experts
- publish a conference paper
The 2021 Conference technical program will be organized into tracks aligned with TAC’s councils and committees. The tracks may include presentation sessions, panel discussions or both.
||Maintenance & Operations
||Soils & Materials
||Connected & Automated Vehicles
To participate in a presentation session:
- Submit a 200- to 400-word abstract to be reviewed by a TAC council or committee member. Abstracts are reviewed and graded based on general criteria including:
- relevance to session topic and industry concerns
- originality or innovative content
- clarity of thought and expression
- freedom from bias toward commercial interests
- If your abstract is accepted, you will be required to submit a presentation and/or paper depending on the requirements of that technical session.
- If your submission is accepted, you are expected to present at the conference in Fall 2021.
- Submissions must be made using TAC’s conference submission portal. When submission is complete, an email confirmation is sent.
- Submissions must be substantially different from any papers or presentations delivered through other organizations.
- Submissions must not favour special interests or be of a commercial nature.
- Submissions will be reviewed for quality, format, and relevance to the session topic, and general interest.
- Authors not adhering to deadlines may be disqualified.
- Authors must confirm that their employer and/or related clients are aware and approve of the submission.
- Authors are responsible for ensuring submission details & author/presenter information is current & up-to-date.
- If the submission is accepted, authors are expected to present at the conference. There will be a limit of two co-presenters per presentation.
- Presenters must register and pay to attend the Conference as a delegate.
- Papers will be published on TAC’s website ‘Conference Papers’ section, the TAC library catalogue and the Transportation Research International Database (TRID).
- Presentations will be recorded and made available by TAC as it sees fit.
- Student papers whose principal author is a registered full-time student at a recognized post-secondary institution will be considered for a Student Paper Award.
- Withdrawals must be requested in writing to Christina Ghazal, Meetings & Events Coordinator.
|DUE DATE: Abstracts
|Abstract acceptance/rejection issued
||March 15 – 19
|DUE DATE: Presentations and/or papers*
|Presentation and/or paper acceptance/rejection/request for revisions issued
||June 21 – 25
|DUE DATE: Revised presentations and/or papers (if required)
|Last day to make changes
|DUE DATE: Final presentations and papers
|2021 TAC Conference & Exhibition (online)
||September 20 – October 1
* Some sessions require papers which also must be submitted by May 3.
Christina Ghazal, Meetings and Events Coordinator
613-736-1350 ext. 236