ATTENTION Young Geotechnical Engineers! The Allan Widger Consulting Corporation (AWCC) is supporting a young geotechnical engineer in transportation to attend and participate in the 2023 Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) Conference & Exhibition, and fall and spring technical meetings.
The recipient of the Allan Widger Consulting Corporation Grant receives up to $4000 to attend spring (online) and fall meetings of TAC’s Pavements and Soils & Materials Committees, and the TAC Conference & Exhibition.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Be no more than 35 years old as of December 31 in the year the grant is awarded
- Hold at least a master’s degree in geotechnical engineering (or equivalent)
- Be employed by a TAC member organization
- Have at least three years of work experience in the transportation field
- Not be a full-time student
Submit your application by January 31 to be considered. Applications are reviewed by a selection committee, which reserves the right to not approve a winner. Previous grant recipients may re-apply but will be considered only if they are presenting in a technical session at the TAC conference.
- January 31 – Deadline for nominations for that year’s award
- March – Winner notified
- April – Winner attends Spring Technical Meetings (online)
- Fall – Winnter attends Fall Technical Meetings and TAC Conference & Exhibition, where the award is presented in person