This periodic column features notices from people working in the transportation and road-related industries.
- Tracy King has been appointed Deputy Minister for Newfoundland and Labrador Transportation and Works, replacing Lori Anne Companion who has been appointed to the new Department of Fisheries and Land Resources.
- Saskatchewan Highways and Infrastructure Acting Deputy Minister Blair Wagar has replaced Nithi Govindasamy.
- At the Government of Northwest Territories, Paul Guy is the new Deputy Minister of the newly-formed Department of Infrastructure.
- John Hawkins has replaced Jim Stevens as Acting Assistant Deputy Minister of Transportation at the Government of Nunavut.
- After more than six years as President and CEO of Metrolinx, Bruce McCuaig will become Executive Advisor, Canada Infrastructure Bank, Privy Council Office effective April 24. John Jensen, Metrolinx’s Chief Capital Officer, will serve as Interim Chief Executive until a permanent replacement is found.
- Eric Christiansen has retired as Senior Project Manager, Capital Projects Branch, Manitoba Infrastructure.
- Elaine Chao has been appointed Secretary of Transportation for the US Department of Transportation.
- Chee Chan has accepted a position at the Municipality of Maple Ridge, British Columbia as Urban Planner.